MaxiVista should work fine on any set of standard Windows Laptop, Netbook, Desktop or Tablet PCs.
Please test the free MaxiVista demo version before making a purchase decision to ensure, that MaxiVista works in your specific system environment.
Primary PC requirements
The primary PC is the computer which desktop area is being extended:
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (excl. Windows 7 "Starter Edition")
- Windows 8 is not supported (also see below).
- Approximately 5 MB hard-disk space.
- Optional: Internet access to download future product updates.
Secondary PC requirements
The secondary PC is the computer which shall act as the extended monitor:
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
- Not offcially supported: Our Mac OSX Viewer Program.
- Not officially supported: Linux with Wine or MacOS X with VirtualPC/VMware.
- Approximately 1 MB hard-disk space.
Statement about Windows 8
MaxiVista is not Windows 8 compatible at this time. If it is possible to make MaxiVista Windows 8 compatible, we will release such version. There is no need to ask for a release date. Please be assured, that are aware about Windows 8. If you wish to use the remote control on WIndows 8 computers, please check out our new software "ShareMouse".
- At least two computers are required. There is no use for MaxiVista in a single computer environment.
- Each computer must have at least one physically connected monitor.
- All computers must be TCP/IP network connected (more information about networking).
- MaxiVista can be used with any combination of supported operating systems. Example: The Primary PC may run Windows 7 64 bit and the Secondary PC may run Windows Vista 32 bit.
- Operating systems not listed here are not supported. Please subscribe our newsletter to stay tuned for new versions.
- The initial installation includes a virtual video adapter installation which requires administrator user rights.
- Hardware graphics acceleration such as DirectX or OpenGL or programs relying on WPF is not supported by MaxiVista. Please try the free MaxiVista demo version to check for compatibility with your CAD-/Video-/Java-based programs.
- If using the InternetExplorer 9, please disable the hardware acceleration support in that browser (Learn more).
- TV/DVD playback on the extended screen only works if your video software allows it to disable the "hardware overlay" mode (information about overlay).
- All computers used with MaxiVista need to be on the same desktop to allow you to watch the secondary PC's monitor(s) while remote controlling it from the primary PC. MaxiVista is not a remote desktop software like UVNC or PCAnywhere. You cannot use an internet connection to link computers located in other facilities as the MaxiVista data protocol is optimized for local wireless or ethernet network connections (more info).
- MaxiVista does not support the entry-level Windows 7 "Starter Edition" on the Primary PC. However, the Secondary PC can run Windows 7 Starter Edition.
MaxiVista and Windows Vista/7
- Since the release of MaxiVista version 4, WDDM video drivers are supported when using Windows Vista/7.
- The Aero display mode is temporarily disabled while MaxiVista is activated. Aero is automatically turned back on after MaxiVista is deactivated. We will not be able to overcome this limitation for a number of technical reasons.